A self-contained research of a few of the purposes and advancements of discrete distribution theory
Written by way of a widely known researcher within the box, Discrete q-Distributions features an prepared presentation of discrete q-distributions in line with the stochastic version of a chain of autonomous Bernoulli trials. so one can continue the publication self-contained, the writer covers all the helpful simple q-sequences and q-functions.
The ebook starts off with an advent of the notions of a q-power, a q-factorial, and a q-binomial coefficient and proceeds to debate the fundamental q-combinatorics and q-hypergeometric sequence. subsequent, the ebook addresses discrete q-distributions with good fortune chance at an ordeal various geometrically, with price q, both with the variety of prior trials or with the variety of earlier successes. additional, the ebook examines fascinating stochastic types with good fortune likelihood at any trial various geometrically either with the variety of trials and the variety of successes and offers neighborhood and worldwide restrict theorems. Discrete q-Distributions also features:
- Discussions of the definitions and theorems that spotlight key innovations and results
- Several labored examples that illustrate the functions of the offered theory
- Numerous routines at various degrees of hassle that consolidate the ideas and effects in addition to supplement, expand, or generalize the results
- Detailed tricks and solutions to all of the routines in an appendix to assist less-experienced readers achieve a greater realizing of the content
- An up to date bibliography that incorporates the newest traits and advances within the box and offers a collective resource for additional research
- An Instructor’s recommendations handbook on hand on a better half website
A certain reference for researchers and practitioners in facts, arithmetic, physics, engineering, and different technologies, Discrete q-Distributions is additionally a suitable textbook for graduate-level classes in discrete statistical distributions, distribution idea, and combinatorics.